Energy concepts

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

deskpilot

Morphett Vale, South Australia. Just south of Adel

Aircar

Banned
Re: interesting light plane concepts

Neither do I speak Russian --I got "three phase" "Nikola tesla" and "energetica" from the whole spiel but I can see that something really amazing seems to be being acheived --it looks like a tiny conductor is powering some thousand amps (at a guess) without any return circuit (!) -- both things being revolutionary . I have read a few books and papers about Nicola Tesla's astounding inventions and discoveries --all done back when things were 'primitive' it should be noted also --IF somebody can realize Tesla's ultimate aim of wireless transmission of energy to any place on Earth then it will do a lot more than make launching of motor gliders better ( I presume the idea is to send electric power up a cable to an electric motor and prop rather than via tension as on a winch launch or ATOL -- I will guess that the return to Earth 'circuit' is via the atmosphere somehow -- as tesla envisioned it the vertical potential gradient existing in the atmosphere could be tapped at will and power fed into equipotential 'shells' in the atmosphere using some sort of resonance (and the assymetry of charge was even attributed to the tearing away of the Moon from Earth in one theory leaving a net charge --the whole thing has generated a virtual cult following since his death but we owe the modern world more to Tesla than Edison if it comes to it in inventive terms.

BTW who is it that now flies astronauts to the International space station ? --the Russians had the only technology able to challenge the US in space and thankfully now to co operate in peace (Russian sent it's smartest engineer to Siberia in another shortsighted mistake --Korolev --cited by Burt Rutan as one of his design heroes it should be noted .

This work deserves to be translated and made known more widely.

thanks Henryk --you continue to astound.

henryk

If only I could speak Russian (or what ever) I don't know how old that video is but some of that equipment is 'olde world'
-now Russia give no money for scietific investigations...
so equipment is very old,idea too\Tesla\,but finesse realisation.

-it is possible to send electric energy by laser ionisated air directly to flying object\f.e. motorglider\...

The AFEP v1.2, Single-Wire Energy transmission test by Jean-Louis Naudin

Resonance methods of electric power transmission

Last edited:

Aircar

Banned

Just lost a posting (!!) but basically I think that we need to investigate this technology and see if Tesla's idea of wireless power transmission can be realized in practice -it would be really revolutionary rather the usual use of the word for minor changes .

henryk

Just lost a posting (!!) but basically I think that we need to investigate this technology and see if Tesla's idea of wireless power transmission can be realized in practice -it would be really revolutionary rather the usual use of the word for minor changes .
-VIESH was investigate project ALLTIME SOLAR FACTORY=many solar electrogenerators by equator range,
connected araund the World by SINGLE WIRE LINE!

http://www.viesh.ru/VIESH-e.htm

http://www.engedu2.net/v1/SE-E14.pdf

http://www.viesh.ru/indexeng.htm

orion

R.I.P.
I moved these posts into their own subheading since the discussion has veered away from the light plane concepts thread. Would help however to get this thread back to airplanes since this is not really connected to the board's subject matter.

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
While this is all interesting stuff, I'd like to echo Orion's original request to keep the discussion bound by the application to aircraft. We're getting pretty far afield here.