• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Ellison replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tipsynipper

Hi All,
I have an RV4 and latterly a Tipsy Nipper with Ellison TBIs, both, once set up correctly have been fit and forget units. I dealt with Rotec for a while using the Mk1 and Mk2 TBIs (Ellison knock off) and had so much trouble culminating in an engine failure that I would not go near them (Rotec) again.
The VW 1834 which is fitted to 3 Nippers I am restoring is aerobatic (prime use) and I need a replacement for the Ellison EFS-2 (Unless someone has three they will sell me!). Weight and size is prime importance on the Nipper, so i am left with the Revflow or the Aerocarb as options. Due to the location of the fuel tank in the Nipper and requirements in the UK I will run two fuel pumps (one back up during take off and landing) which will have a Fuel Pressure Regulator limiting the pressure to 1-2 psi with a vapour return line back to the fuel tank (I will be using Mogas....Petrol).
There are design shortcomings I believe on the Revflow and Aerocarb which have been addressed many times on various forums, but direct feedback from current/past users of these carb's is invaluable.......
Any insight and help is very much appreciated please.
Best wishes,
NeilNipper 22042012 029 (2).jpg

Back