• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Elevator angle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob.shea

Ok I was walking away for my plane after mounting a new front tire ( tri gear ), now all tires are the same size. The landing gear is set so there is only a couple degree AOA in the wing, which is flat bottom.
Well as I walked away I just set my level on the elevator and notice that it is mounted so there is a few degrees of down elevator built in to the mounting( leading edge is higher than the trailing edge), I went through all the paper work that I recieved with plane and cannot find anything that says this is right or wrong. It feels wrong to me, I think that the elevator should be level to the thrust line of the plane, or level to the wing cord or bottom of wing sence its flat. Can someone set me straight ?

Back