• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Electronic gauges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

superhornet59

Hey guys, I want to find some electronic gauges. So far I'm mostly looking for a fuel level gauge that displays in percentage, it doesnt neccessarily need to show how many gallons, I'd rather work with percentages its easier for me. The thing is I have multiple tanks, so to keep everything nice and simple I'm making a fuel gauges setup where i have a 2D drawing of the airplane and lines that point to each tank. each line leads to a nice simple LCD screen (much like a calculator) that displays the fuel level in percentage. the best I've seen so far is this: http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~bvdb/tl25.html

I figure i could just chop up those gauges and fit it to my panel so it all looks nice and sleek, but those 3 buttons are still pretty unneccessary. i just want an LCD panel not bigger then that of a calculator which leads to the fuel level sensor in the tank. I'm trying to keep the electronics in this plane simple so that would be the best. have you guys seen any gauges like that? i could work with the ones above... but still...

While I'm here, are there any HUD units out there i can quickly and easily program? i would simply love to have a HUD in my aircraft. Also, any aircraft GPS' that have a nice graphic interface like the car ones but still display airports and terrain? i dont like the complex GPS' on airliners.

Thanks Guys,

-Matt

Back