• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Electronic fuel 3-way valves

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MolsonB

Hi, I'm looking to simplify my fueling system during my design phase. I'll have an auto engine with 4 fuel tanks in wings (supply and return lines for each tank).
Trying to fit 8 hoses (4 tanks x supply and return) to a manual fuel selector isn't out there. The closest thing would be Groco FV65038 6 Port Fuel Valve and I would need a few of them.

I'm looking at electronic controlled 3/6-way valves to do the work. The best aftermarket I've seen so far are for biodisel applications, like the Greasecar SV98 6 port Greasecar SV98 6 Port | Greasecar Vegetable Fuel Systems Small and compact and allows to install AN fittings on the stainless steal body. Viton (fluorocarbon) o-rings are good for fuel with ethanol (car gas).

6port_w_fittings_0.jpg 6Port_nofittings2.jpg

The best OEM I've come across is Pollak 42-149. It came out of trucks to switch between dual fuel tanks. It's 75% cheaper and a lot smaller with latching switches that only draws current for a fraction of a second to transfer. The only downside is, it's plastic and only connects to fuel hose (with worm screw clamps). It also might connect to nylon hose.
6-PORT-VALVE_sb2.jpg

-Matt

Back