• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Electrical diagram for my Onex

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

SvingenB

This is the (current) electrical diagram for my Onex. Starting to connect wires now.

El-v01.jpg

I have used info from Kitplanes magazine and the Aerovee manual as templates and/or starting points. The basics is a standard primary and secondary system as explained in Kitplanes (don't remember the exact issue). What is not so standard is probably the DC/DC galvanic isolation (from MGL) and the Electronic Circuit Breakers, also from MGL. The backup battery is a 4-6 Ah standard lead battery, enabling at least an hour or two power if the main battery goes down. All my instruments requires electric power.

Replace the Primary System with 400/220V AC or whatever, and the ECB with a PLC, and you have a standard industrial setup running in millions of industrial applications.

But, I have never tried the MGL Aviogard or the ECB. I wonder if anyone here has any experience with them?

Back