Electrical diagram for my Onex

Discussion in 'Instruments / Avionics / Electrical System' started by SvingenB, Jan 7, 2018.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jan 7, 2018 #1
    This is the (current) electrical diagram for my Onex. Starting to connect wires now.

El-v01.jpg

I have used info from Kitplanes magazine and the Aerovee manual as templates and/or starting points. The basics is a standard primary and secondary system as explained in Kitplanes (don't remember the exact issue). What is not so standard is probably the DC/DC galvanic isolation (from MGL) and the Electronic Circuit Breakers, also from MGL. The backup battery is a 4-6 Ah standard lead battery, enabling at least an hour or two power if the main battery goes down. All my instruments requires electric power.

Replace the Primary System with 400/220V AC or whatever, and the ECB with a PLC, and you have a standard industrial setup running in millions of industrial applications.

But, I have never tried the MGL Aviogard or the ECB. I wonder if anyone here has any experience with them?

2. Jan 7, 2018 #2

cluttonfred

cluttonfred

cluttonfred

I was not even aware that MGL offered those products, I'd definitely like to learn more as well.

3. Jan 7, 2018 #3
    Info on the ECB is here. It can be run from the EFIS or from switches (stand alone), and is fully configurable. The Aviogard can be found here (in the middle of the page).

4. Jan 7, 2018 #4

cluttonfred

cluttonfred

cluttonfred

Thanks, it's odd that those products are not featured on MGL's USA site, though there is a little info buried if you look for it.