• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

electric idea and need help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I here is the general aspect to my idea. Using two small maybe 8hp motors spinning a compressor blade, collect blead air off those compressor blades run them through an aircycle machine (such as how you get A/C on turbin powered aircraft) - Using this now cooled (forget the actual amount but its cold enough to cause ice on pipes) blow that over a primary electric motor (maybe the tesla model 3 ones or the chevy volts) My primary questions include 1. would I need a gear reduction if om looking to off the master engine run a counter rotating prop assembly each with large 4 blade props? second with the cooled air blowing over the motors from the air cycle machine that should lower cool my motor and increase the efficiency of the system? 3. my base frame idea for the design is the bell "P-39" aircrobra just a smaller version excluding my wing will be composite and one solid structure with just removable panels to install controls and batteries? Does this idea make any sense and where are my gaps at to the overall idea??? still saving to by a good computer to run the cad programs to properly draw it up my had drawing sucks!! Any help thanks!

Back