• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Electric homebuilt aerobatic glider

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PTAirco

I've always liked classic German gliders from the 20s and 30s and 40s, especially the aerobatic ones. I had a notion lately to come up with something along those lines, except: easier to build and with electric self launch capability. Enough juice to get up to, let's say, 4000ft , shut down and aerobat your way back down. No great cross country requirements, nor speed. Just unbreakable in the air, cool classic lines (probably open cockpit and easily removed wings, by one person. Ought to feasible even with current battery technology.

Glider plans seem to be thin on the ground and I certainly can't find anything with these kind of lines. The motor could always be retractably mounted on a pylon . Anything even remotely like this out there?

1660778658857.png

Back