• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Electic Aeromotion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Area 29

I started thinking about this in 2011, began the engineering in '16, dwgs and purchases in the summer of '17 and found a machinist in April of '18.So when he called last week to say "pick up your parts" I was more than pleased.
I checked with receiving at Area 29. All the parts were in, I was euphoric.
Final fitting and initial assembly completed, initial electrical testing underway.
The motor mfg. claims 45kw max power, and a continuous current of 300A at 120V. Hmmmm, 36kw (48.2) horsepower. I am hopefull it will /can sustain 25kw.
The motor has been physically modifed and reconfigured for use in this configuration.

Regards from

David
Area 29
aeromotive div. IMG_20190409_133051666r.jpg

Last edited:
Back