• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

EFI Conversion of 2-stroke with MicroSquirt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cepheusglighter

I'm looking into the conversion of a 2-stroke with float type mikuni carburetor to a fuel injection and electronic engine/fuel control with available units made by Bowling and Grippo. Specifically, MicroSquirt EFI with direct injector into original carb body implementation. With this system my onboard system will optimize mixture and ignition for all altitude conditions and give me more sure starts when called for. I am using the engine mostly on an intermittent basis as only a self launch source and save source as my design is actually a super performing, super light wing loaded sailplane. I will occasionally want to cruise cross country with the wings clipped (removable tips) and then want dependable full and cruise power performance....but still should have good engine out soaring capabilities if of use.

Found one site on the web that features Bosch injectors plumbed direct into modified CV carbs on a bike with Micro processor control and it is said to be not all that difficult to implement. Costs not bad either.

Any thoughts out there on this...?

GusMan

Back