• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Echo (Ultralight Self-Launching Sailplane)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter hudson

Hello all,

I’m designing an electric ultralight self-launching sailplane called “Echo”.

This project log is intended to share with you the long process of designing, detailing, testing, and building a design from scratch. Or at least my approach to that. If I’m realistic you can sit back and enjoy the ride for somewhere between 6 and 10 years. I encourage PMs discussing details and will always consider suggestions whether they influence changes or not. If a topic bears open discussion we can do that in the open forums here: Discussion: Echo (Ultralight Self-Launching Sailplane) design

I expect a reasonably active post schedule at first, while I catch you up. But after that? Well...things move pretty slowly in the “one person, one-off” design world. Hopefully, your patience (and mine) will be rewarded.

Here’s how she looks today...
ISO_trans.png
Enjoy,
Peter Hudson

Last edited:
Back