Easy sealing method

Discussion in 'Aircraft Design / Aerodynamics / New Technology' started by 4trade, Apr 17, 2012.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Apr 17, 2012 #1

4trade

4trade

4trade

2. Apr 18, 2012 #2

GESchwarz

GESchwarz

GESchwarz

The real test for these materials is how well they perform after being exposed to the full range of environmental and operational stresses including heat, cold, water, fuel and solvents, vibration, and mechanical loading. Check out my thread titled "Conclusions on Aluminum Adhesive Bonding Tests" in the forum. The method you use to prepare and apply the material can be just as critical as the choice of material you use.

3. Apr 18, 2012 #3

4trade

4trade

4trade

I know your thread already, and it is very interesting stuff. I was boat builder years ago, and i use Sikaflex polyurethane mass for some application...and they have special adhesive/ primer for aluminum. It stuck very good with that primer. I will use Sikaflex for Cassutt, and that is best platform to test it.

That polyurethane based mass should take 40-80 lbs sq/ inch straight pull, depend of where it is originally design to use, and these ones have UV protection today. I an sure that it will last better than rubber seal.