EarthX Lithium Batteries reaches new heights!

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

This is just an announcement for your knowledge of our latest press release. After more than a decade of commitment, research, dedication and passion to the aircraft industry, EarthX has attained Supplemental Type Certificate's (STC's) for the first time in history for the Cessna Skylane 182E-Q models and also the Piper Cherokee PA-28 models for immediate release. http://https://earthxbatteries.com/e...erokee-pa-28s/

We have many more pending and we will update as they are attained. We thank you all for your support over the years and helping EarthX change the industry, one aircraft at a time.

Sincerely,
Kathy Nicoson
[email protected]

Last edited:

vhhjr

Supporting Member
EarthX batteries are light and seem to work well unless you leave the master on and drain it below the never return voltage. I did and it wouldn't ever accept a charge after that.

Vince Homer

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
Never, ever, ever, EVER, turn off that beacon light switch. First lesson any student needs to understand.
My airplane (old 172) has the beacon hard wired to the master switch. With the master on, you can't close the hangar door without the whole ceiling flashing red at you. But my airplane also has the old generator, so I am informed you also have to turn the generator field switch off or you'll have a dead battery in a couple of days too!

addaon

Supporting Member
My airplane ('77 Commander 112TC) very clearly specifies in the POH to turn off the beacon for engine start. Never got a straight answer on why, and I suspect it was based on the voltage droop doing bad things to the originally-equipped, long-replaced beacon, but easy enough to put in the checklist and do what the book says.

opcod

Sure, same as reading the book and looking at fuel selector and any kind of switch position. Yet, the #1 cause of crash are fuel being off at takeoff.