• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Airplane Wanted Early Bird Jenny Plans wanted

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

J.L. Frusha

Looking for a set of Early Bird Jenny plans.

Early Bird Jenny is a 2/3 scale Curtiss JN-4 designed by Dennis Wiley.

I would like plans and information on the build. If I could contact Mr. Wiley, that would be greatly appreciated.

My goal is a scale-ish (ultralight if possible) version of the Curtiss-Stinson Special, which used a pair of bottom wings and tail-feathers from a Curtiss JN-4 Jenny, and the fuselage of a Curtiss S-1 Speed Scout. This was built on special order for Miss Katherine Stinson. She and her mother formed the original Stinson Aircraft company.

Thanks in advance,
Jeffrey L. Frusha
Luling, Texas

1644165485247.png

I have a set of plans, fuselage, tail feathers, and a Geo motor/W Gearbox for sale. I am asking $800.00 for all if interested.
I live in Villa Rica Georgia just outside Atlanta and about 26 miles from the Alabama boarder.

J.L. Frusha

I have a set of plans, fuselage, tail feathers, and a Geo motor/W Gearbox for sale. I am asking $800.00 for all if interested.
I live in Villa Rica Georgia just outside Atlanta and about 26 miles from the Alabama boarder.

This is where I'm going... Aiming for Part 103 Ultralight.Trying for something close to the Curtiss-Stinson Special... A custom ordered Curtiss S3 Speed Scout fuselage with 2 pair of JN4 lower wings and the tail feathers of a JN4. Control wires, but no 'flying' wires (as external bracing).

I need a copy of the plans, as a study-guide, to know what worked getting close to Part 103, but mine is a cut-down fuselage, then goes flat, like the Affordaplane, aft of the cockpit.

I may be able to cut the fuselage down, use the tail group and repurpose the Geo engine.

If I can do this, I'll have to make payments, if that's OK, then drive from Texas with our flatbed trailer. Let me talk it over with my wife and my field engineer buddy.

Jeff Frusha
Luling, Texas

Attachments

• Curtis Stinson Special Final.png
    Curtis Stinson Special Final.png
    135.7 KB · Views: 17

Mark Cartwright

Looking for a set of Early Bird Jenny plans.

Early Bird Jenny is a 2/3 scale Curtiss JN-4 designed by Dennis Wiley.

I would like plans and information on the build. If I could contact Mr. Wiley, that would be greatly appreciated.

My goal is a scale-ish (ultralight if possible) version of the Curtiss-Stinson Special, which used a pair of bottom wings and tail-feathers from a Curtiss JN-4 Jenny, and the fuselage of a Curtiss S-1 Speed Scout. This was built on special order for Miss Katherine Stinson. She and her mother formed the original Stinson Aircraft company.

Thanks in advance,
Jeffrey L. Frusha
Luling, Texas

View attachment 121827

J.L. Frusha

@Mark Cartwright
He hasn't responded to me, yet. All I can do is wait.

It wouldn't be very acceptable for anyone to horn-in on my ad and swipe my purchase out from under me, while I'm waiting for a response...

..., or are you trying to say you have a set of plans, as well? If so, what are your terms?

Last edited:

billyvray

Not trying to steal, but I'm interested and I'm 30 minutes away...

DanH

I am still in search of a set of Early Bird Jenny Plans to study

I have an original set of Wiley plans. About 30 years old, faded, but readable. Built this with them back in the 90's. $200, and no scam worries ;) (myname)@elmore.rr.com

Attachments

• Experimenter Cover.jpg
    Experimenter Cover.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Sport Aviation Cover.jpg
    Sport Aviation Cover.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 10

J.L. Frusha

Build and Fly Shop lists them for $75
buildandfly.shop

EARLY BIRD JENNY (2/3 replica Curtiss JN-4 Jenny) – PLANS AND INFORMATION SET FOR HOMEBUILD AIRCRAFT BIPLANE - TUBE-FABRIC 2 SEAT ROTAX-503-582-AUTO ENGINE | https://buildandfly.shop
The Early Bird “Jenny” is approximately a 2/3 version of the Curtiss JN4-D World ar I Trainer that took part in many firsts in American aviation history (first combat aircraft, first mail airplane, etc).Of course she is probably best known as the favorite airplane of the barn stormers during the...
buildandfly.shop
buildandfly.shop

DanH

Build and Fly Shop lists them for $75

My understanding is you get a ripped-off PDF. Anyway, good Texans are not currently doing business with Russians.

Come on Jeff, let's get serious. You ragged Alan about not being allowed to buy. In the context of airplane building, the numbers here ain't spit. Do you want to buy legit plans or not?

My understanding is you get a ripped-off PDF. Anyway, good Texans are not currently doing business with Russians.

I have no problems with Russians, Ukrainians, or even Texans , but having already ripped off the owners of the rights, why would they not rip you off too? Their plans are awful, like their ethics. A false economy doesn't save you money, and no savings is worth doing wrong for.

(Insert image of man flogging decreased equine.)

J.L. Frusha

I have no point of reference on it. I have no idea if they are Russians, or Martians. As I said, it is the ONLY ad for those plans that I can find.

Either way, I cannot afford $200 right here and now. Possibly after the 1st, but it's going to eat into what I can do to buy materials and start some work toward building my plane for a couple of months.