EAA No Longer Has Free SolidWorks

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Lendo

Vigalant1, Not just escalating the price, it's not now having access to one's drawings, I should have been more prepared and had everything in DXF - silly me.
Maybe using an AutoCAD Trial and then converting everything to DXF.
George

Brent Hudgin

My SolidWorks 2020 license finally expired. The 3DExperience compatibility checker says it won’t work because my laptop doesn’t have a graphics card. Does anybody know if it will work? 2020 worked without any problems.

rotax618

Not that I’m aware, you can run Realthunder’s Link Branch, you may have to download a couple of dll’s if your laptop hasn’t run anything that uses C++ or Visual Studio librarys. If you have room on the HDD instal FC 19.3 before you run Realthunder’s FC, it its installation will give you the file associations etc.

blane.c

Supporting Member
Not that I’m aware, you can run Realthunder’s Link Branch, you may have to download a couple of dll’s if your laptop hasn’t run anything that uses C++ or Visual Studio librarys. If you have room on the HDD instal FC 19.3 before you run Realthunder’s FC, it its installation will give you the file associations etc.

It isn't worth it to me to mess with the 19.1/Realthunder version I have working right now. When a version is more clearly a upgrade.

rotax618

The current version of the main branch of freecad is 19.3, you can uninstall the 19.1, keeping your settings and instal 19.3 upgrade, it doesn’t effect the realthunder install

Woodenwings

what about onshape? solidworks files are seamless (in only). I think the full price is worth it considering the time it saves (if time is money).
the number of people also using SW is a benefit. Lots of experience to draw from. you get what you pay for i guess.

Attachments

• qewrqwerw.JPG
    qewrqwerw.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 10

rotax618

Its when they ask for a copy of your enrolment in an College or University, like Microsoft and many other suppliers of “student” versions has. Don’t worry they are not in it for charity, they only subsidise you to hook you into their “System”. There are no free lunches - with the exception of Open Source Community software.