• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

EAA Fly-Ins

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mstull

R.I.P.
"...The officers and directors of the SWRFI voted to cancel the fly-in scheduled for October 10-11, 2008 and to ultimately cease operations.

The board made this decision as a result of the following:
1. EAA headquarters decided to cease branding regional fly-ins as EAA events.
2. EAA will no longer insure regional events.
3. ..."

I am very disappointed with EAA's decision to stop insuring our regional fly-ins and disallow us from calling them EAA events. This cessation of support for our local fly-ins is a big step away from supporting the needs of the experimenters for which EAA is named. The EAA would be better named Poberenzy's Oshkosh Association.

I hope there's a huge uproar from EAA members who insist that EAA reverse its decision. We elected our national EAA officers in good faith, assuming they would represent our needs. I would encourage each member to find an Email address or phone number on EAA's web site to voice your concerns. (like [email protected] )

Back