• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

EA81 help and setup preference?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusionfab

Hey Everyone, hoping to get some input from those who have experience with the EA81.
I recently (a couple months ago) purchased a fresh rebuilt EA81 with redrive all receipts included. It has the original manifold but the upgraded 2 barrel weber on it. Now I just purchased an Avid MKIV already equipped with an EA81 this week that was having engine issues. I ran outta time today and will be back at it in a couple days but I've run the engine for a bit today and noticed that it idles decent but doesn't want to rev up to potential, when it does I'm getting popping on the left side. All cylinders tested between 112-120 psi. Of note, this engine is equipped with twin BING carbs, anf further the previous owner just purchased this entire engine package from a company who claims to have rebuilt everything. However he believes differently and I will not name the company it came from as its only hearsay to me.

After running the engine for a few minutes I noticed the right side to be heating up normally and the right side not so much. One side egt warming up, other side not. So I'm assuming either both left side cylinders or just one is not firing. I didn't have an extra hand today to check for spark so will get that done. But would like to hear if anyone has had similar issues like this that was a result of these carbs or had anything to do with synchronization?

My second question, would anyone suggest I install the the other engine with the 2 barrel? Or Install it and using the twin BINGS?

Back