• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Duncan's doing a Pou

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtfm

Hi. I am currently building an AeroMax, but due to acute funding shortfalls, I can't continue on to the fuselage. So, in the meantime, I'm going to build a Pou du Ciel. And before you ask, the entire Pou fuselage can be built for $700 AUD (about $500 USD?) The fuselage kit for the Aeromax is $8k (AUD).

Anyway - What I have done so far:
  1. Drawn the fuse in profile and plan views on Sketchup (no 3-D stuff)
  2. Drawn the three bulkheads required
  3. Had the bulkheads printed full-size by the local print shop
  4. Cut them out in 6mm MDF
  5. Bought 20mm x 10mm x 2400mm cheap pine strips
  6. Bent the pine stringers over the bulkheads
  7. Using masking tape, newspaper, a marker and a pair of scissors, I have cut out a paper template for the sides

That's two days' worth of work. Not continuous effort, of course. But duration. About 3 hours effort.

20170818_153936.jpg20170818_153946.jpg20170818_153957.jpg20170818_154020.jpg

Back