Ducted fan aircraft

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Erik Snyman

Malish, Do you plan on selling copies of your drive set-up, or at least drawings so one can build or have it built, for himself?
Regards,
Erik in Oz.
PS: I love the drawing of the little Sukhoi-like plane above....DCP_4950

REVAN

I like what you built.

BJC
I like it too. But, I was wondering if trade studies showed that two fans were as good or better than a single fan, or if aesthetics was the main driver. Sometimes, things that seem intuitive at first glance are not true. Example, two fans can have more disk area for a given rpm and fan blade mach limit. So, while a single fan seems like it would be simpler and lighter, maybe 2 fans provides more thrust and better performance for the rotational speeds of the V8 engine being used.

Byuma Kahamba Elie

Avec deux ventilateur Je crois que le rendement sois meilleur.
S'il vous plait est-il possible de m'envoyer plus d'explications sur tes idées ?

Malish

S'il vous plait est-il possible de m'envoyer plus d'explications sur tes idées ?
I don't know French, but computer did translation for me.
I think single fan without gearbox(direct drive) is better, then two fan with gearbox. But we did choose this trade-out, just because the look of aircraft.

xwing

I don't know French, but computer did translation for me.
I think single fan without gearbox(direct drive) is better, then two fan with gearbox. But we did choose this trade-out, just because the look of aircraft.
More like ~ with 2 fans, i believe the redundancy is better, pls is it possible to send me the ideas with more explanations

Malish

As I said before we're working to get better efficiency from our fan's. Samara Aviation University professor designed new fan for our airplane - it's has 6 blades(instead of 5) and they are about 20% wider. He said, that we should get 400 kg(880 lbs) trust from them - now we're getting 350 kg(770 lbs).
thumbnail__8_.jpg
thumbnail__5_.jpg

Last edited:

henryk

As I said before we're working to get better efficiency from our fan's. Samara Aviation University professor designed new fan for our airplane - it's has 6 blades(instead of 5) and they are about 20% wider. He said, that we should get 400 kg(880 lbs) trust from them - now we're getting 350 kg(770 lbs).
View attachment 90920
View attachment 90921
=good theory + Yours practis = THE BESTS results !

+++ some many many many ...

PS=

(MITCHELLWING +Ducted Fan "extremely light unit (under 30 kilograms)."=70 kG/ 30 HP, 7000 RPM ...)

Last edited:

RSD

Thrust per fan, or for the two of them?

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
A complete and proven ducted fan unit to suit a common paramotor engine like the VIttorazi Moster 185 would be very attractive for ultralight/microlight aircraft. I might even dust off that idea for a "profile scale" ultralight jet inspired by the general lines of the BAE Hawk.... ;-)