Wanted Dragonfly MK2 or MK2H MAIN GEAR

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

dwalker

Like the title says, I want to be able to convert my Dragonfly from tri-gear to taildragger, and to do that I need the Dragonfly MK2 gear, either the mid-wing stub gear or the hoop gear will work, with the hoop gear being preferred. I know of at least one owner that has used KR2 main gear as well, so possibly those would work as well.

Deuelly

Log Member
Like the title says, I want to be able to convert my Dragonfly from tri-gear to taildragger, and to do that I need the Dragonfly MK2 gear, either the mid-wing stub gear or the hoop gear will work, with the hoop gear being preferred. I know of at least one owner that has used KR2 main gear as well, so possibly those would work as well.
I'd like to covert my tri-gear to taildragger. Have you been able to find any drawings or pictures of the hoop taildragger install?

dwalker

I'd like to covert my tri-gear to taildragger. Have you been able to find any drawings or pictures of the hoop taildragger install?
In the newsletters there are articles about the various landing gears and attachment methods.

Deuelly

Log Member
In the newsletters there are articles about the various landing gears and attachment methods.
That's what I was afraid. All the hoop gear attachment methods in the newsletters are pretty crude and not well documented. I was hoping someone had actually drawn up plans like they did for the tricycle gear. Its probably easiest to just roll my own.

Brandon

dwalker

That's what I was afraid. All the hoop gear attachment methods in the newsletters are pretty crude and not well documented. I was hoping someone had actually drawn up plans like they did for the tricycle gear. Its probably easiest to just roll my own.

Brandon
I can take better pictures of how mine is mounted

Slars

I have a set of MK2 gear legs that I will not be using. If you want them, they can be had for the cost of shipping. They originally had the HAPI brakes and wheels on them, but the HAPI stuff is junk.

If anyone has any photos of a MK3 nose gear mounting, I would appreciate a photo or two.

dwalker

I have a set of MK2 gear legs that I will not be using. If you want them, they can be had for the cost of shipping. They originally had the HAPI brakes and wheels on them, but the HAPI stuff is junk.

If anyone has any photos of a MK3 nose gear mounting, I would appreciate a photo or two.
I'll pm you!
My nose gear mount is integrated into the engine mount. I'll send you pictures this afternoon. The engine mount is I believe for a VW, and I intend on going Corvair, so the mount may be up for sale soon.