• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Double delta wing design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelScott

Other than my intro, this has been my only thread here. I am currently in the design stage of a double delta canard pusher. The original inspiration came from the wing design of the Dyke Delta. But where that plane is a 4-place tractor with the wing in the typical mid-fuselage position, I slid the wing back to the rear of the plane, widened the fuselage and lengthened it to accomodate six people, plus baggage. The canards are truncated in length and angled slightly downward to allow for better visibility. I slid the engine from the front to the rear and smoothed out the lines of the fuselage, blending them into the wing. I'm planning on using the inboard wing strake for fuel storage, similar to the Velocity. I want to use as much composite in the construction as possible. But this is the first time I've tried anything like this. The majority of my work is in sheet metal with the occassional composite repairs. I'm afraid that I've overbuilt the fuselage design as I'm concerned about the wing/fuselage interface will not be strong enough. Any suggestions?

Back