Door to Door Transportation Redux

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

deskpilot

Morphett Vale, South Australia. Just south of Adel
Anyone talking negatively about this new technology is talking out of their arse, If you haven't really seen it, studied it, driven it or flown it, you have not right to condemn it. For gods sake, put your brain in gear before making such stupid comments.

SVSUSteve

Anyone talking negatively about this new technology is talking out of their arse, If you haven't really seen it, studied it, driven it or flown it, you have not right to condemn it. For gods sake, put your brain in gear before making such stupid comments.
The same goes for those who see flying cars as nothing more than an engineering problem. Ignoring business concerns (like...."I can make this but is there a substantial enough market to recoup my expenses and actually turn a profit?"), maintenance, legal hoops, human factors, etc is often why what seems like a "good idea" to the optimistic engineer or the idle dreamer is often completely useless or a failure in coming to market.

It's key to keep an open mind, but not so open that your brain falls out. Just because you believe in a concept doesn't mean you can actually make it work. That goes for my own design projects as well as for the dream of a flying car.

It is a good sign that one has temporarily stopped thinking critically if they believe that any constructive criticism of their pet concept (such as "it's a marginal car and a marginal aircraft" when describing the performance) automatically equates with talking out of their ass/arse. And that's said as someone who generally enjoys and respects your input Doug.

M

Manticore

Not going to say anything about it's flying abilities, but:
3 wheels, narrow track, one at the front, downhill bend, braking - it's going to roll (at very low speed).

Aesquire

Leaning tricycle.

Most "arrow" style road trikes DO want to tip over. Reliant Robin?

The "tadpole" style like the Can Am are very stable and handle well.

The Pal-V is a leaner, not at all like the Robin and is not the only European leaning aerodynamic road pod. They work.

Dutch design? Whose? They did good work.

Perfect? No. But actually flys and is reasonably decent on the highway.

Wanttaja

No one here has seen it, studied, driven it, and flown it. So according to you, none of us is allowed to comment negatively about it.

So...why, then, did you post it? Solely looking for positive comments? Why are those valid, from people who haven't seen it, studied it, driven it, or flown it, and negative ones are not?

Ron Wanttaja

autoreply

No one here has seen it, studied, driven it, and flown it. So according to you, none of us is allowed to comment negatively about it.

So...why, then, did you post it? Solely looking for positive comments? Why are those valid, from people who haven't seen it, studied it, driven it, or flown it, and negative ones are not?

Ron Wanttaja
Incorrect ;)

Do they use power to spin up the rotor before takeoff? For such a vehicle, it seems as if a 540 foot TO roll is longer than would be desired.

Does anyone have any information on the hinge / joint in the rotor? They did not show it being operated in the video.

Thanks,

BJC
I know a lot more about the hinge for folding (mid-blade), but can't disclose much. I have to check whether I can share anything at all.

Angusnofangus

Do they use power to spin up the rotor before takeoff? For such a vehicle, it seems as if a 540 foot TO roll is longer than would be desired.

Does anyone have any information on the hinge / joint in the rotor? They did not show it being operated in the video.

Thanks,

BJC
It evidently has a pre-rotator.

D Hillberg

You sound like a new investor for Moelers air car too, I've been studying aviation and aviation related issues from the 1960s to present day, I saw this contraption when it first came out and seen the specifications and the nifty videos too. I can tell you that anyone buying this 'toy' will need to be trained, and the authorities that cover DOT and FAA/CAA will put the hammer down when john q azzhat tries to launch himself on a hot summer day during a traffic jamb looking to get his starbucks coffee and balls it up in a congested area,

As I said it takes the worse of two worlds -cars / motorcycles and aircraft manufacture deal with totally different environments both physical and regulatory not to mention implanting a flying machine into the world of dumbed down morons to walk in a moving propeller of rotor system- let alone the added weight to survive a road crash (waver for that DOT) being left off and the complexity of flying tacked on.

Market wise you do not have a large enough paying dumb azz hats to make it launch but you can invest and lose you dollars like Moeler has been doing for centuries .
playing in his shop on others dimes. put YOUR brain in gear - and have a good day

bmcj

HBA Supporter
My latest concept... it uses solar cells to generate electric shocks to keep goats running inside a wheel to power a light that runs some more solar cells that power a fan that cool the goats and turns an air turbine that is hooked up to a rubber band winder to wind the rubber band that powers the propeller through a nuclear-magneto-hydrodynamic coupling.

multiplan2.jpg

Don't criticize it unless you've tried it. :gig:

D Hillberg

My latest concept... it uses solar cells to generate electric shocks to keep goats running inside a wheel to power a light that runs some more solar cells that power a fan that cool the goats and turns an air turbine that is hooked up to a rubber band winder to wind the rubber band that powers the propeller through a nuclear-magneto-hydrodynamic coupling.

View attachment 46460

Don't criticize it unless you've tried it. :gig:
with goats you can save big bucks on date nights and spend it on the aerio machinery !