• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Don't Laugh...Using a Harley-Davidson engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wingless

This may sound nuts, but hey what the heck! I've owned a Harley in the past with the now obsolete Evolution V-twin. It is quite a solid engine and delivered strong performance for the weight of the bike. (I had an FLHTC which is also known as a dresser or touring bike). This machine had a dry weight of around 780lbs.

I'm addicted to the sound that a Harley makes and I think it wound lend its self to vintage type planes that wound have had a radial engine.

In essence, that's what Harley's V-twin is, it's an even number cylinder radial... sounds goofy, but not to far off the beam.

Anyway, has anybody tried this? What type of reduction box would be needed?
Lots of issues to look at.

Let me know what you all think.:D

Back