• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

DONT KINK THEM CABLES

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

don january

As a young man 11-12 my oh man used to fly Rc between spraying just to keep that knife sharp edge on his flying abilities. After two or three times around the patch he'd get tired of the plane he was flying and throw it under the bench. well like any curious young man wanting to fly I'd say dad can I have that bird? Well not ready for my own radio dad said make a u control out of it. "oh wow the rush was on" glued the rudder hard right and did the elevator linkage. Now what oh yes need some string for control, up down round and round. well at my age you dont care about weight and CG is something that tickles. this paticular plane weighed about 4 pounds and no string I could find would work. Dad came out and handed me a roll of small steel cable almost like fishing line, maybe it was? He said one thing," DONT KINK THE CABLE" Well like any good kid the cable got drug around and wraped up fast after every flight but never kinked (I THOUGHT) I had the bestest ground crew named Tim he would hand launch and just have a blast watching the thing go round and round and round. One day we get the dinner bell and hurry lets get to them home made buns, did'nt think a person can roll up cable that fast! after dinner we took the plane back out for a nice evening flight and fired it up, of she goes round and round and "POP" There goes a cable, Hard right barrel roll and me I figure I'll just run out and catch it before it hits the ground. Well with big oh crocodile tears in my eyes I hear this hysterical laugh, DAD rolling on the ground "told you not to kink them cables

Back