• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

DONG090909 Conjecture when the rotor has forward speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dong090909

1. First guess
The conditions for the lift balance of the coaxial anti-propeller rigid double rotors are: the upper and lower rotors are in the same phase
Proof method:
Junior high school mathematics and physics: vector analysis of forces
2. Second conjecture (an extreme case of the first conjecture)
If the number of blades can be infinite , the lift balance of the upper and lower rotors can be achieved at every moment. a flying saucer

3. Background:
A. When I first saw the Sikorsky ABC rotor concept, I remembered: the differential compensation theory commonly used in electronics, I think its biggest benefit should be to reduce lift fluctuations.
B. I'm curious: why the great companies don't mention: Conditions for rotor lift balance. At least I can't search it. And it affect the direction in which humans resolve lift fluctuations
C. I estimate:
---Flexible rotor, it really doesn't make sense.
---The rigid rotor is subject to the influence of the few blades of the mainstream helicopter, which does not reflect the value (more blades, low flight efficiency)
D. I tried simple communication with aviation professionals on the mainland, at least they did not overturn my point of view.
E. Unfortunately: these two conjectures are an important aerodynamic basis for the aircraft I designed.

4. Therefore, I hope you can review my conjecture.

Thanks

Back