• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

doggone magneto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gahan

:ponder: I'm installing a mag , slick with an impulse start. I can get a heck of a spark when I crank it over by hand but when I use the starter I get one spark as I try to start or after i let go of the key the p lead is disconected{that is what shuts off the engine} their are 2 spring loaded palls that snap the armature to creat a spark at low rpm they are suposed to kick out at 500 rpm? . they have very light springs attached,I mean real light, and they both appear to be OK but I noticed that they have a lot of magnatisim. I'm wondering if it could be effecting the springs.
I have had the motor running and it's all tuned and ready to hang on the fusulage but Ihave to resolve this reluctance to start when you want it to start. any seeds of wisdom would be welcome
reguards tom gahan

Back