Quantcast

Does this aircraft have any use?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Aerowerx

By the way, I don’t think we’re allowed to say “Indians” any more, so it probably won’t be long before we have a spellchecker that changes it from “Cowboys and Aliens” to “Cowboys and Native Americans”.
What do you call people who live in Mumbai? You can't call them Hindu, because they may be Muslim or Christian.

Dennis K

Hard to believe some have sunk so low as to be terrified some Marxist useful idiot might call them a playground name if we hurt their feelings by using a word that “offends” them. If rational adults keep allowing self-appointed immature fools to modify language with each imagined slight soon there will be nothing left because "they" are "offended" by everything.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
Hard to believe some have sunk so low as to be terrified some Marxist useful idiot might call them a playground name if we hurt their feelings by using a word that “offends” them. If rational adults keep allowing self-appointed immature fools to modify language with each imagined slight soon there will be nothing left because "they" are "offended" by everything.
I agree completely, but we can lighten up about the socio-political aspect of my comment (at least here on HBA)... I only offered the ‘Indian’ comment in jest. 😁

BJC

HBA Supporter
I agree completely, but we can lighten up about the socio-political aspect of my comment (at least here on HBA)... I only offered the ‘Indian’ comment in jest. 😁
One of my neighbors has a really nice Native American Motorcycle. He also drives an airliner ground tug rather than a golf cart.

BJC

Pops

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Thanks. I can’t believe my spellchecker made that change!

By the way, I don’t think we’re allowed to say “Indians” any more, so it probably won’t be long before we have a spellchecker that changes it from “Cowboys and Aliens” to “Cowboys and Native Americans”.

:popcorn:
Yes you are. For ever.

wktaylor

bmcj…

FYI my first wife [1970s] was Native American... Choctaw-Cherokee. At that time in my life is when I discovered the simple word 'Indian' could be used in very benign and kind ways... or amazingly sad-to-mean/despicable hostile low-life ways... from 'oh I'm sorry'... to small/subtle digs to extraordinarily hostile intonations and pronunciations ['injuns' for instance/starters] followed with stares/glares... and used/meant in other ways I never knew existed until she quietly clued-in 'to see and hear'.

Besides being hard for most 'pure and God-fearing [non-native] Americans' to use as a swear-term... 'Native Americans'... encompassed all the tough-hardy-good-smart peoples [tribes] that inhabited the North American continent when Europeans [some Russians, west coast] flooded in and ravaged these peoples from shore-to-shore and/or central America... with their sense of racial mastery, utter-use violence/weaponry and devastating the local Native populations with the killer-diseases they brought with them from everywhere-else.

OH BTW... it was Columbus who called the natives 'Indians' in the mistaken belief that he'd arrived at the sub-continent of India... on the other-side of the 'known-world'... when in-fact he was in the Caribbean Islands... ~1/5-of the way around the world.

Just saying... I have no expectations that You will change your thoughts on this subject.

BJC

HBA Supporter
I personally know some gen-u-wine rednecks; pilots, mechanics, homebuilders, and wanna-bees. Some are my best friends.

BJC