Does buying a membership still default to auto renewal?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

pfarber

Its time for me to renew, but I remember last year I had to go through the hoops and disable the auto-billing 'for my convenience'

Has this been changed? Is there an option to just pay support for 1 year and not worry about it being auto-billed next year?

GeeZee

HBA Supporter
I had the same question a couple of years ago. I’m not interested in being recognized as a “Member“ and since I don’t post much or need to store files, etc. the perks don’t benefit me, however, I do want to support HBA so I just donated. If you don’t check the box to make it monthly its a one time donation of the amount you choose. Which reminds me.....

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
And if you choose to donate the amount of one year, and let me know by way of conversation (PM), then I can manually set you up for one year.

pfarber

Hows about just remove the auto renew option? I bet if you run a poll, the vast majority of people would agree that its 'scammy'.

Also, this site without ad-block is atrocious. I want to support with money... but why in the name of the Wright borther's are you making it so difficult?

LET ME GIVE YOU MY MONEY!!! EASILY. No emails, no begging. I do want the banner, and the HBA decals (which I never got with my first year of support).

If its to much trouble... well, OK. Your call.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
1. The ads can be turned off by anyone that logs in. Just go to preferences and turn them off.

2. I have sent the decals to all that I have addresses for. They may not have gotten to you during the US mail issues, but I'd be happy to mail you a couple of sticker if you can private conversation to me your PayPal email or transaction number so I can make sure it actually got through. And I have checked my list of Yearly/Annually regular signed up supporting members and unfortunately I did not find your email or member name.