• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Do you need a tractor to do a loop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumanPoweredDesigner

I would think a pusher would be much less stable during a loop. Is that right?

Also, how hard is it to make an airplane than can do a loop? I'm sure it needs to handle more G's, and needs a lot more power for the weight, and strong control surfaces. Are there any ultralights than can do a loop? I read that even a moderate accelerated dive can be catastrophic for many ultralights.

I know there are bi planes than can do loops, and I think they can do them slowly too.

The nice thing about a pusher is it is more friendly to a canard, and maybe will pull less air pass the cockpit for a more quiet ride, I think. I just wonder if it is bad for acrobatics.

Back