• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Do these welds look sufficient?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boxchevyman

Hello all,

I am looking forward to building a Double Eagle and am starting to practice welding tubing. I have Mig and Arc welded for repair and general hobby fabrication, but this is my first time with gas.

I have done several tubes before this but below is the first time I started to test them. I found that I needed better penetration and fit up. That said, I really had to beat the snot out of all of these to break them.

I would appreciate any thoughts on these welds and whether you think they would be sufficient if they were on an actual fuselage.

I should note the pictures are of 4 tees made 1 at a time and then tested before starting on next one. The 4th one I did not test but cut in half and touched with a bench grinder to see if there was a cold joint.

Thanks,

James4130 2.png4130 1.png

Back