• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Do I need to seal this hole on fabric covering? If so, how?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Built2Fly

Continuing onto covering my tail feathers, figuring things out along the way. Here I have a couple of questions. Below is the rudder. There are two hinges on the front tube, and there is also the horn to hook up the rudder cables near the lower hinge. However, since I can not wrap fabric around those, there is a big hole or gap around them (particularly the lower one). I put some reinforcement patch around it. But should I seal the hole? And how could I do that?

Also while we are at it, shall I put reinforcing tape on the ribs on rudder? I am guessing not (since I am not stitching or riveting these ribs on rudder, and this is an ultralight). But I would like to confirm to be sure.

Thanks a lot as usual.

20210202_212753.jpg 20210202_212805.jpg

Back