DIY stall warning sensor?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

J

JanHalsey

Hi everyone..i am new to this forum and by profession i am a hardware design engineer. Actually i recently started to build a DIY aircraft. Then i found this forum. I want to know about that DIY stall warning system. What is it and how it works? How i can use it? What are its various specifications and cost estimate?

Victor Bravo

I've been considering the manufacture and FAA approval of a vane type AoA indicator for certified airplanes. Turns out that getting it out of the propeller blast is as much trouble as making the unit.

kent Ashton

Hi everyone..i am new to this forum and by profession i am a hardware design engineer. Actually i recently started to build a DIY aircraft. Then i found this forum. I want to know about that DIY stall warning system. What is it and how it works? How i can use it? What are its various specifications and cost estimate?
It is usually a small spring-loaded tab that is normally air-loaded to the "down" position in cruise but when the airflow into the wing begins to come from underneath, i.e, a stall airspeed, it moves the vane up and triggers a horn in the cockpit. It doesn't have to be a vane, though.

See stall warning vane - Google Search

I apologize in advance if my suggestion is deemed offensive. :)

BJC

HBA Supporter
It is usually a small spring-loaded tab that is normally air-loaded to the "down" position in cruise but when the airflow into the wing begins to come from underneath, i.e, a stall airspeed, it moves the vane up and triggers a horn in the cockpit. It doesn't have to be a vane, though.

See stall warning vane - Google Search

I apologize in advance if my suggestion is deemed offensive. :)
Good description, but not at stall speed, rather at stall AoA.

BJC