Disable Adds Feature Not Working

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

proppastie

Log Member
I have the "Disable Adds Feature" enabled yet I am now getting a banner for batteries every screen.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
At least it’s not an obnoxiously big ad. I don’t care for ads, but if that’s what HBA has to do to pay the bills, I don’t have a problem with it.

Still, I’m hoping it’s just a glitch in the software.

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Interestingly, I had to check the "Disable Sponsor Ads" and save preferences several times before the selection took effect.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
I have a "disable advertising" option (which was already selected), but I don't appear to have a "disable sponsor ads" option. And I'm getting an ad for EarthX batteries.
1618286756970.png

proppastie

Log Member
does clicking on the link give HBA money from the advertiser?......if we all click it 100 times every time we log on then HBA should earn lots of money?

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
The general ads, it does give a few cents here and there so it would accumulate and help. The sponsors help and we are trying to find forum sponsors that will appeal to the membership and the flying / building outlook.

proppastie

Log Member
I used to fly around on trips with 4 or 5 other old men....depending on which trip or year....anyway one was a Professor of Communications with a specialty in Media Economics....We had some interesting conversations on the value/cost of advertisements.....He especially liked "MAD Magazine" advertisement model (they had no ads).......I remember one conversation about TV in which he said if you paid 2 cent a day for your TV ads you could eliminate TV advertisements. ( I am not sure I have the exact numbers right but he was aluding to the MAD Magazine model) Another thing I remember was it was hard to put a number on how many people responded to an ad......This was BC (before computer internet) .....now on the internet a sponsor knows just how many clicks or views someone sees their ad....so I wounder how long it will take the sponsors here to figure out just how cheap we are and decide it is not worth the expense.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
@Admin - I'm not getting that option in my preferences. Have tried three times now. I have "Disable Advertising," and then the next option is "Opt out of Sidebar." The "Disable Sponsor Ads" option does not appear.
You should see that option now.