• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Direct Drive Honda/B&S limits

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LHH

I have been reading the Briggs conversion messages.
I understand moment of inertia issues, twisting and bending to some extent, but what is the best way to arrive at a factual answer?

For example, X industrial engine can be used as a direct drive if the propeller weight is less than x and or RPM is less than X. If propeller weight is greater than X or RPM exceeds X, then a reduction drive must be used to handle the load.
Can this be calculated accurately using data from the engine manufacturers?
I am sure I am missing a fact or two, but you get the idea.
Thanks in advance

Back