Digifly Flyer VL100

Discussion in 'Instruments / Avionics / Electrical System' started by proppastie, Aug 24, 2017.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Aug 24, 2017 #1

proppastie

proppastie

proppastie

Just purchased an old used Digifly Flyer VL100. Why are there 3 altimeter readings?

Looking for an airspeed sensor, seems to be a little fan from the pictures I have seen. Any thoughts as to what it is and if I can make one. This unit is from about 2008.

2. Aug 24, 2017 #2

Vision_2012

Vision_2012

Vision_2012

Try googling Digifly Flyer VL100, you may get some answers

3. Aug 24, 2017 #3

proppastie

proppastie

proppastie

Even wrote the company too, No joy, but have studied the manual and reset the Baro, and alt. and near as I can guess the Alt 2 and Alt 3 are for seeing how much alt. you gain, with Alt 1 not easily zeroed and reading SL absolute altitude.

I think the fan (airspeed sensor) is a little motor/generator, and the voltage converts to airspeed. I am trying to get them the give me the input voltages, but so far the only I have gotten it a price list for their new stuff, and they no longer have spare parts for this unit. Their new unit is 500 euro VAT not included.

4. Aug 30, 2017 #4

proppastie

proppastie

proppastie

Somewhat disappointing service,but hardly can blame them, a 10 year old unit. Finally got to tell me which hole is for the sensor, but would not tell me the input specifications. So lacking specifications in the manual, and lacking customer support, but it does look like a nice unit, and will give me rate of climb and even squawk at me if I can stand that ugly noise. Maybe I will find someone that has an airspeed sensor and I can measure the output.