• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Diesel Fuel System Design

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markproa

Supporting Member
I'm a bit late to this discussion but it is of interest to me. My small low wing two-seater (Gazail 2) has wing tanks forward of the spar and the original builder (I bought it as an unfinished project) was intending to run fuel lines straight from the tanks to the distributor pump (diesel engine). I see this as a recipe for disaster so I've installed a separate central 5 litre sump at the lowest point which the two tanks will gravity feed into. This sump has its own little sump protruding below the floor which will provide a scavenge point and test/drain valve. I'm thinking I will need to vent this tank so it doesn't trap air when first filled. I'm told the distributor pump, once primed, will have enough lift so I won't need an electric pump.
Can anyone see any problem with this system?

Back