• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Design Inspiration - my Aerial Remotely Piloted Vehicle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inverted Vantage

Formerly Unknown Target
Click the images for a larger view.

1z13E7N.jpg

BSl56l8.jpg

These don't have the sensor screen and camera blocks;

3E25q0L.jpg

65c1pu8.jpg

I did this project to learn Fusion 360. It's user interface is cumbersome, but it's neat to work with the three different modeling materials. Once you figure out it's quirks it's reasonably efficient to use. Autodesk has finally succeeded in creating a tool that I would actually add to my toolbox - I find it a useful program for 3D sketching. If you'd like to try it out, you can find it here;

http://fusion360.autodesk.com/about

Regarding the aircraft;

Remotely Piloted Vehicle is part of my new designation system for machine-piloted and human-piloted vehicles.

Remotely Piloted is anything that is controlled by an off-site entity; be it a server or a pilot in front of a screen.

Autonomously Piloted is anything that is controlled by an on-site entity; be it the on-board computer or the on-board pilot.

The correct term for this is ARPV. This is model 1a.

I call it a "sensor screen" instead of a windshield or canopy because it's a more general term for a sensor protector - for instance, an opaque nosecone is usually used as a "sensor screen" for RADAR.

This aircraft is designed to be powered by a single rocket, though detail design has not been completed on that and it is displayed here in notional form.

Attachments

• OXN2AeT.jpg
    OXN2AeT.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 198
Back