• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Descending with a 2 stroke powered trike.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickjaxe

Rotax from what I remember dont give any advice on the best way to manage your Rotax 2 stroke during descent.

My trike is powered by a 503 fan cooled DCDI...normal cruise RPM is 5000rpm...

When I am ready to descend into the pattern or circuit as we call in in the UK....I snap the throttle closed from cruis RPM to idle for the decent...and give the motor a bust of power every 30 secs or so.

Seem to remember Rotax jet the idle jetting quite rich to help at low rpm.

Love to hear you guys views on this subject.

Back