• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Decisions, decision......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derswede

Have been working (Slowly) on a CGS Hawk. With business the way it is, it will be awhile until I get the time and circumstances to get the bird flying. 99% a time/space problem. My warehouse is full and I have little space to work on the airplane. Just found a flyable Hawk, 503 Rotax, decent shape, for not much more than what the wing covers for the present bird will cost. Thinking about buying it and selling the project. The "other" bird is N-numbered...owner is flying it as an Ultralight at present with a 5 gal. tank. N number still on it. Legal?? He says switch to a 10 gal tank and then it is an LSA. I could always tape over the N number, but don't want to cross any legal lines, either. Comments??

Mission is to get airborne. Been flying some in a 150, but this would take all my flight instruction $$. Local flying mostly, but would like to work on some X/C flights as well. Think the Hawk with the 503 would have the range to do some 400 mile cross-countries.
Derswede

Back