Davis Da-2a fuselage possibly available

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Davisguy

Hello....A Davis DA2A aircraft fuselage is in an outside storage yard of the Birmingham, Alabama A/C museum. Last weekend I was at the museum and saw it in the storage yard. The engine is missing and I believe that the instruments have also been removed. The right aileron is missing .The engine cowling is on the fuselage. I am a fan of the Davis a/c and I would hope that someone might be interested in trying to purchase this fuselage and refurbishing it. Here is an article link NextGen Heirloom (kitplanes.com) about a Davis a/c that was trailer transported with the wing removed so hopefully the wing can be removed without too much trouble . It looks like it has been outside for some time but hopefully still in fairly good shape (Photos provided below). I don't know whether the museum would sell it or not but their number is (205) 833-8226.....

Attachments

Last edited:

Davisguy

Please reply to this blog whether the plane has been purchased or the museum will not sell it....Thanks

Brünner

HBA Supporter
I am interested, but sadly I'm also on the wrong side of the pond (aviation-wise).

1Bad88

There is also a complete DA-2 sitting and unused on the ramp at KAWO in WA state. Had a for sale sign in the window and never sold IIRC. Anybody interested.
Is that the White and Red one? It's a shame from what I've heard.