• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Custom Machining Online. Cool!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Site Developer
Here is a quote from a homebuilder's website about a new method for getting your metal parts machined. Here is the link to his site: http://imagedv.com/aircamper/log/image-pages/06-10-03.htm

A few weeks ago I happened to come across www.emachineshop.com. They are a machine shop that allows you to submit your orders online. They have their own CAD drawing program that you download. You draw your parts and then it will tell you how much the parts will cost. I spent a few hours drawing some parts I needed for my wing and fuselage and then submitted my order electronically.
Today my 4140 steel fittings arrived from www.emachineshop.com. The fittings are GREAT! VERY precisely cut to +/- .005" tolerance. They also did the bending on the parts that needed it.

Cuts are extremely smooth and bends are done with the proper radius to prevent cracking. Price was inexpensive. If you need machined parts made this is the place to do it!

Now that I have the wing spar plates I can begin work on the wing center section.

The pics below show just a couple of the parts.
Very interesting.

Jake

Back