Quantcast

Current state of Great Plains Aircraft?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

lakeracer69

I'm interested in buying some VW parts from them. Has anyone ordered something from them recently? ( Like in the last couple of months)

I do know Steve Bennett passed away, and read that the new owner has passed away too. Does anyone have an up to date SITREP?

Thanks

lakeracer69

Have seen no news to suggest they are out of business? Can always pick up the phone and see if anyone answers?
Thank you Captain Obvious

Sure I can do that. That is not the question I asked. I'm looking to see if anyone has ordered something in the recent timeline I stated, and received their order in a timely fashion. It's a small operation, not Aircraft Spruce.

Again, has anyone actually bought something from them in the past couple months and received their merchandise in a timely fashion?

Thanks

bmcj

HBA Supporter
Oooh, someone’s a little snarky today.

and received their order in a timely fashion.
Had you added this line in your first post, the intent of your question would have been a little more obvious.

As it was written though, I would also have assumed that you were asking if they were still in business.

N804RV

HBA Supporter
I bought some pre-welded exhaust pipes about 2 months ago. It took awhile. But, I did get them.

With GPAS, I always order online, then follow up with a phone call.

soneraifred

I bought a flywheel and mag drive hub from Art in April, and a mag drive coupling in May for the HAPI 1835 for my Ultra Pup. I ordered the stuff online, and it took two to three weeks to get it.

plncraze

HBA Supporter
Welcome to the forum Soneraifred! I loved the paint job on your plane!

mcrae0104

HBA Supporter
Log Member
Welcome indeed. I really appreciated your Sonerai webinar, Fred.

soneraifred

Thanks for the welcome. I’ve been lurking for a few years. My Sonerai IIL with its GP 2180 is pretty much retired. It’s 34 years old and has a little more than 1650 hours. I’m now flying behind an O-290-G Lycosaurus in my Wag-A-Bond. Hopefully, my single-seat, wood wing Ultra Pup with a HAPI 1835 will be flying in a year or so. We’ll see....