Cumulus motorglider?

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

gtae07

Saw this little guy on Barnstormers and was intrigued. I have approximately zero chance of being able to talk SWMBO into agreeing on a purchase but I can window shop, right?

Anyone know about these? Good possibility, or stay away?

Aesquire

That seems to be a second generation model with a much bigger engine than the first. Should climb great, but watch VNE. Company long out of business.

Makes me want to drive to WA. Just to see if I fit.

jedi

Sahuarita Arizona, Renton Washington, USA
I am quite certain that is the same aircraft that was for purchased about a year or so ago. I do not know if it has been flown since. I did not get a chance to fly it but I did look seriously at it and had several good discussions with the previous owner and witnessed the disassembly for trailer storage.

Be happy to talk with serious buyers before committing to purchase.

Anyone know about these? Good possibility, or stay away?

Enter with caution and knowledge only if the water is deep enough to float your boat.

Last edited:

gtae07

Company long out of business.
I think the wing failed on the prototype. Don’t remember history or if improvements after that.
Rough air penetration speed, Maneuvering speed, and Minimum control speed may all be the same number.

Well then.

Sounds like something I think I'm gonna pass on. Shame, because otherwise the price sounds good and it would fit my desire for a gap-filler airplane perfectly right now.

EricThepilot

I am quite certain that is the same aircraft that was for purchased about a year or so ago. I do not know if it has been flown since. I did not get a chance to fly it but I did look seriously at it and had several good discussions with the previous owner and witnessed the disassembly for trailer storage.

Be happy to talk with serious buyers before committing to purchase.

Enter with caution and knowledge only if the water is deep enough to float your boat.
Hey Jedi, I wrote you a message, and was wanting to get more on your take away from when you looked at it.