Quantcast

Culver Cadet LCA-90 Auction

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Victor Bravo

One of you chumps better get this! Dead guy deal. Airport selling an aircraft that had been sitting in a hangar 30 years. Auction THIS Saturday. Whiteman airport KWHP. Contact Jim Miller, mgr. 818-896-5271. Culver Cadet, C-90-12, undamaged IMG_20200924_174501.jpgIMG_20200924_174452.jpgbut needs mild restoration. NOT a basket case, but needs all gone thru, likely fabric. Antique instruments, all there but old. Old worthless radio. IMG_20200924_174443.jpgIMG_20200924_174530.jpgIMG_20200924_174423.jpg

Last edited:

fly2kads

HBA Supporter
Yes, they are that tiny. That airplane looks to be about as good of a "barn find" as you're going to get.

billyvray

do plans exist for theses Culvers? The Dart and the Cadet are too sweet. I recall the Cadet plans may be out there but never saw Dart plans.

jwf

Those get the cutest airplane award. Sort like it should be a cartoon like Roger Rabbit goes to the airport.
Rebuilt one in the 1990's. C-85 got 120 mph. tight but great xcountry airplane. gear is a bit of a hassle you you soon learn it. me plus a 17 inch wide passenger. might be worth a bid just for the engine.

Bill-Higdon

do plans exist for theses Culvers? The Dart and the Cadet are too sweet. I recall the Cadet plans may be out there but never saw Dart plans.
The Port Townsend, WA Air Museum has the remains of a Dart post hanger fire yu might e able to buy, the fuselage looked ok from what U saw.

Victor Bravo

SOOOooooo..... the guy who bought this Culver Cadet in the OP has asked me to put up a notice on this forum. He he bought it at a good price, but being an 80 year old guy he doesn't want to get into an historic wood airframe restoration. So he will sell the Cadet for $7000, which is a pretty good bargain for the engine alone. The guy who bought this at auction also happens to be the guy who rebuilt the engine, years ago, and it has not been run since he rebuilt it. So it's a 0-SMOH C-90, and been sitting in a pretty dry hangar.

This is a 1940 wooden airplane. It's a classic, a great flying airplane, a gorgeous design, and really cool. But it is probably something that needs a real aircraft woodworker to go through and poke at all the glue joints, do a very thorough inspection us ing one of the modern tiny probe cameras, and make sure the structure is sound. The good news is that this is definitely NOT a "basket case", it's exactly the opposite. It's complete and intact, so all of the work involved in validating the structure is worthwhile, because everything is there.

So please spread the word that this is available as a pretty good bargain for a completely restorable, intact, undamaged 1940 aircraft that will simply need a lot of inspection and testing.

Contact the owner directly (I have no involvement in this sale) - John Clausen (818) 314 -0314