• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

CS 22 vs FAA Glider Criteria Aileron Loading

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proppastie

Still working and decided to check aileron loading. Here is the European Sailplane certification page I found (see attached XLS) and the Glider Criteria page. I found gust loading in CS 22 for aileron. As I see it the limit hinge moment is calculated from max loading on the aileron which is 75% the dynamic pressure at 100 km or 62 mph. That worked out to 8.45 lb/sq ft. vs 9 lb/sq ft. in the Glider Criteria. (Cell w26) Any comments?

Basic Glider Criteria p27.jpg

Attachments

• CS 22.xls
    54.5 KB · Views: 8
Back