CRIQUET Fi156C3 3/4 REPLICA STORCH

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

mgtaylor

Hi Gentlemen. I acquired South American's Colombian Factory Built Criquet Aviation Storch Scale Fi156 Replica, Feb before Last. I got it out of Annual early Last Nov and have been working out all of the flying bugs with great help from Steve Lund HomeBuilder of one of the few (now OOP) Criquet Aviation Storchs in the U.S. I recently just completed Re-painting it using Authentic WWII German Air Force Paint & Colors from Kiroff Farben Technik Germany. It is modeled after the Desert Camo Scheme of SF+RL a Hauptman Kroseberg Piloted Plane which was Photographed with Rommel in 1941-42 Libya. the Plane is flying Great and I hope to have on Static Display soon at a couple of Local Airshows here in FL, in Early Oct & NOV this year.

Yours Mike

0013.jpg0025.jpg0040.jpg0050.jpg0051.jpg0054.jpg

0021.jpgORIGSFRL1.jpgORIGSFRL3.jpgORIGSFRL5.jpgStorchSFRL.jpg

flyvulcan

Log Member
Nice looking replica Mike. It would be nice to see a YouTube video of it flying.

We have some Storch replicas in Australia, designed by Nestor Slepcev. I went to one airshow where there was a hefty wind blowing. The Storch got off the ground in about 5 metres, levelled at around 20', did a tight left hand turn and landed back on the numbers. Total time for the circuit, about 30 seconds! The pilot was having a ball.

BELinNC

Just saw this thread. That is a good looking airplane for sure- in its own ugly storch way!. I think I saw a for sale ad featuring this plane not too long ago on Barnstormer for what I thought was a great price ,40k, but maybe with some landing gear damage?. Wonder where it ended up. I must say as a Slepcev Storch project owner it appears the Criquet Storch design is closer to an original in several ways as opposed to a Slepcev Storch. Such things as the slight gull wing structure, the door design and I understand they went with a chain operated flap like the original. Does anyone know what design defect the FAA was talking about with these Criquet Storches?