Quantcast

For Sale CriCri MC12 plans & Builders Manual

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

sotaro

I thought Columban did not sell plans for construction in the U.S. Do these plans precede that decision or were they sold in another English speaking country?

Jay Kempf

Curmudgeon in Training (CIT)
Lifetime Supporter
Mmmm, I miss the smell of ammonia when I see prints like that.
Gawd I don't miss the smell of ammonia in the engineering office or the room where the print machine was. I do miss the artistry of pen or pencil on paper or mylar but I wouldn't take it back if I had to trade it for what I have now. CAD doesn't make drawings like we used to make but they are WAY more accurate and easier.

David Moxley

Log Member
Those plans from Zenair are questionable? I think they had problems, (Structural failure) ,that is the reason Colomban quit selling plans to North America.
Zenair made changes to the original design.

MadRocketScientist

Canterbury, New Zealand, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy.
Those plans from Zenair are questionable? I think they had problems, (Structural failure) ,that is the reason Colomban quit selling plans to North America.
Zenair made changes to the original design.
If you build it to the plans on the large sheets, there won't be any issues as they are exactly the same as a Colomban set. The issue was with the changes in the Cricket kits and the 20 or so A4 sheets done by Zenair. Stick to the large paper plans and the construction manuals and you should be fine!

Viper22

What's the difference between the MC12 and the MC15?

Thanks,
Brünner
Here is info on the differences:

MC-12 Cri-Cri Model with a cruising speed of 185 km/h (100 knots, or 114.9 miles per hour) and range of 500 km (310.6 statute miles, 270 nautical miles).
MC-15 Cri-Cri Model powered by two JPX PUL 212 15 horsepower (11 kW) engines.
MC-15 Cri-Cri Jet Model powered by two PBS VB TJ20 210 newtons (47 lbf) turbojet engines.