Discussion in 'The light stuff area' started by MadRocketScientist, Jun 19, 2009.
It looks great with both those engines mounted.
First up, a picture of the instrument panel as it stands.
I finally got my airspeed indicator. Aircraft spruce has recently put the prices of the swift airspeed indicators up but there were a couple that were the old price listed on the website. I picked up the 200Kt one for the old price but this has since increased. I think they might have forgotten to change the price. Anyway its here now!
I purchased the voltmeter to the left on Ebay, I have them in green, red and blue. I may go with the green yet. The
And secondly a short video testing the starter on the mounted engine.
Add fuel! Add fuel!
I had better attache the tuned pipe first or the neighbors wont like the noise
Today I made a nut... out of 2024.
The elevator pushrod has an adjustment with a locknut. On careful reading the plans this nut is made from 2024 aluminium. I made it on the CNC and the lathe and threaded it 1/4-28. Saves 3 grams over the steel nut.
The pictures tell the story.
Interesting thing I read recently about the Alodine 1201 that I didn't understand earlier. The 1201 is mixed so that it can alodine parts in the field and is designed to be brushed or dabbed onto the aluminium. To use it as a bath it needs to be thinned down 1 part Alodine to 2 parts distilled water. That explains all the 'fun' I was having trying to get an even finish on my parts without them going really dark and powdery in places. I really would prefer to be able to get the powder and mix my own but it seems to be next to impossible to buy here in NZ.
Purchased some 1/4-28 bolts today for testing with. They aren't the final bolts I will use for flying but I can now fit the club props to the new prop hubs. I put some of the bolts in the engines so the propellers are actually held on. There is still a list of things to do before I run an engine on the plane.
Separate names with a comma.