Crashes in the News - Thread

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

TFF

I think all the stuff should be stuck in one thread. I’m not going to comb through this stuff as a research tool. It’s the gossip channel. Good information sometimes; bank it. Lots is bad and can be forgotten. All in one pile. Better than 5000 extra useless new topics. It reads the same either way.

Bille Floyd

... I’m not going to comb through this stuff as a research tool. It’s the gossip channel. Good information sometimes; bank it. Lots is bad and can be forgotten. All in one pile. ...

Yep -- some serious, "Off Topic" here ; I agree !!!
Crashes in the news ; I wanna read about : crashes in the news (.)
The last 2 pages ; they were Bunk .

Bille

Hawk81A

Almost all of the threads on here are "cluttered". I found this out early on when looking for information. I have probably contributed myself after seeing that pretty much everybody on here does. This is what you get with a "free" source. If someone were to "moderate" and clean it up, they would be "censoring", and I imagine someone would be offended that "their interests" had been removed. Bottom line is with any topic on here you have to read and sort what is important to you. Dennis

gtae07

Grumpy old man rant - when I see a link, I want text as the primary content - not a video. I'm tired of watching 9 minutes of filler on youtube that only seems to exist to reach an arbitrary advertising length milestone, when a succinct 30 seconds would fully articulate the story.
THIS! A three minute text read would be so much better than a 20 minute video of rambling...
Save the video for when the moving picture content is truly required.

bmcj

Supporting Member
Save the video for when the moving picture content is truly required.
As much as I hate them, sometimes the bloated video is the only shareable source to be found, and many don’t offer the ability to link to specific segments or start points. I know that you can sometimes jump to a midpoint in YouTube, but I lack the skill to do so.

proppastie

Supporting Member

rsrguy3

Nope... find a sim, program tail rotor failure and see how many times out of ten you walk away.. both the pilot and passenger survived.

TFF

Tailrotor failure or LTE. Probably was in an out of ground effect hover. If he was in cruise, he could have flown with the problem and do a run on landing.

D Hillberg

Nope... find a sim, program tail rotor failure and see how many times out of ten you walk away.. both the pilot and passenger survived.
Screw your sim. 3 engine failures 2 tail rotor failures with no damage or injuries - one experimental with 2 bent skid tube events during tests -power topping - VRS & testing one off experimentals with no written limitations -
Thousands of autos in Bells, Hillers, Hughes, Brantleys, Robinsons etc, and one in an S 58 that my boss did to a roof of a Price Costco.
You can even fly an Enstrom foot free in the pattern from take off to landing. Try that.
Bell Simulators too. [close but no cigar]