Crashes in the News - Thread

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

TFF

Yea but the jackrabbits burgers probably do the same thing.

Anyone who has had a food off between the two knows, Krystals kill White Castle.

Victor Bravo

Supporting Member
Anyone who has had a food off between the two knows, Krystals kill White Castle.
My wife's from Brooklyn NY, and if she ever heard you say that you'd get a visit from Kneecaps Vinnie and Meat Hook Sal.

(Sorry, OT... I actually knew the guy they called "Jerry the Crusher" {auto dismantling industry, equipment occasionally put to alternative uses}, at times like this he'd say his famous line "I'll make an ash tray out of him!")

palm-springs-california-frank-sinatras-friend-jerry-the-crusher-who-picture-id1144703

Last edited:

Pops

Supporting Member
My wife's from Brooklyn NY, and if she ever heard you say that you'd get a visit from Kneecaps Vinnie and Meat Hook Sal.

(Sorry, OT... I actually knew the guy they called "Jerry the Crusher" {auto dismantling industry, equipment occasionally put to alternative uses}, at times like this he'd say his famous line "I'll make an ash tray out of him!")

palm-springs-california-frank-sinatras-friend-jerry-the-crusher-who-picture-id1144703
There you go, saying negative things about my family. :)

rsrguy3

RE the Blue Origin capsule abort... which induced ~15-Gs.

When the crew is fully belted into the reclined, fully-supporting seats [couches], going from +3-Gs to sudden-onset +15-Gs will be a 'helluva-rough-ride', but tolerable, for healthy individuals... no injuries are expected.

RSGuy.3.. "Not Sat." You care to elaborate on these 2 words?
Not talking and announcing position.... not satisfactory. I had a monocoup cut me off in the pattern once...pretty close, with no radio calls, nothing. I looked at the ship on the ramp, it had a radio and an electrical system. I talked to the guy about the bird, his attitude matched his airwork..... garbage and definitely not sat.

TFF

There are only a few places that have overlapping Krystals and White Castles. Tell your wife and entourage, bring it on. We will all get fat proving her wrong. I don’t want to bring the Italian side of my family to rumble, I can’t afford that many burgers.

Bill-Higdon

Yea but the jackrabbits burgers probably do the same thing.

When I was at Keesler for training another student & I both being prior service reserve went to Krystals for breakfast a lot with our books to study. We also ran study sessions at base for the youngsters just out of boot.

TFF

Krystals breakfast, that’s definitely love or hate.

Krystal burgers are the candy of unhealthy food. You know, but you keep eating it like it’s thanksgiving. Junk food junky junk. Avoid and avoid until it screams at you. You think 3 when in line but 6 comes out of your mouth. You will be assimilated. If you aren’t eating the burgers there, it doesn’t count. If you don’t feel ashamed, you didn’t eat there.

speedracer

Not talking and announcing position.... not satisfactory. I had a monocoup cut me off in the pattern once...pretty close, with no radio calls, nothing. I looked at the ship on the ramp, it had a radio and an electrical system. I talked to the guy about the bird, his attitude matched his airwork..... garbage and definitely not sat.
In the late 80's I'd rent a J3 cub ($35.00 an hour WET, couldn't pass up a deal like that). No electric system and no radio. Flying without a radio, when I was flying into the pattern I was as nervous as a nun at a penguin shoot.

Wanttaja

In the late 80's I'd rent a J3 cub ($35.00 an hour WET, couldn't pass up a deal like that). No electric system and no radio. Flying without a radio, when I was flying into the pattern I was as nervous as a nun at a penguin shoot.
From ~1987 to 1994, I flew Pete Bowers' original Fly Baby, with no electric and no radio. Flying NORDO was a challenge I enjoyed. Even flew NORDO into Boeing Field, one of the busiest GA airports in the country.

Since I started flying my current Fly Baby (full electrical) I've tried to keep the same habits I had while flying the one without a radio: Basically assuming you're invisible, whether making radio calls/transmitting ADS-Out, etc. Seems likely to keep me alive longer....

Ron Wanttaja

jedi

Sahuarita Arizona, Renton Washington, USA
In this age of Electronic Gadgetry, keeping One's head out of the cockpit seems to be a dying art...
Is it even possible to look out the window and look at the electronic gadgetry at the same time.

I used to be able to turn the knob while looking out the window.

I will never forget the crusty old captain that failed his check ride and when it was all over he said “I knew I was in trouble when I reached for the ADF knob and it wasn’t there.

Remember the old blindfold cockpit check? No one can pass that in a glass cockpit.

Toobuilder

Supporting Member
In this age of Electronic Gadgetry, keeping One's head out of the cockpit seems to be a dying art...

It takes a split second to glance down at an Ipad and see your position relative to the ground and the targets (and their direction, altitude and distance from you) near you. Certainly a lot less time than dragging a finger along a chart, drawing intersecting radials, and spinning a whiz wheel. That paper stuff is just too time intensive head down and therefore, dangerous. Not sure how we survived back in the day.

D Hillberg

It takes a split second to glance down at an Ipad and see your position relative to the ground and the targets (and their direction, altitude and distance from you) near you. Certainly a lot less time than dragging a finger along a chart, drawing intersecting radials, and spinning a whiz wheel. That paper stuff is just too time intensive head down and therefore, dangerous. Not sure how we survived back in the day.
You do all hat on the ground. Then tweak it on the fly